These rules were set forth by the
1. All students who take the USNCO national examination MUST BE U.S.
CITIZENS on the day it is taken. (They MUST BE eligible for a
2. Regularly enrolled high school students who will graduate no earlier than the spring of 2010 are eligible.
3. A student's date of birth must be after July 31, 1991.
4. No more than two students per teacher or per high school may be nominated to take the national exam. In the case of magnet programs or split enrollment, students' school is defined as the high school where students take science class.
5. Eligible students who have previously attended the study camp automatically qualify for the national exam and do not count against the limit on number of eligible students from their local section or school.
6. Winners of a gold medal at the International Chemistry Olympiad are not eligible to compete in subsequent USNCO study camp.
7. Students who have taken advanced placement courses in chemistry are eligible. Likewise, students who have received credit for college level courses (limited to no more than two semesters or three quarters beyond general chemistry) are eligible.
8. A student may participate only in the competition of the section in which the student's high school is located. If the section is not participating, the USNCO national office will assign the student to a section.
9. A student who participates in the Physics Olympiad study camp, the Mathematics Olympiad study camp, or the Biology Olympiad study camp is not eligible to participate in the chemistry Olympiad study camp during the same summer.
All students taking the Local Olympiad Exam in
_____ Must be a U.S. Citizen!
_____ Must be willing to return to CBU for the National Olympiad Exam on Saturday April 16, 2011.
_____ Must be willing to attend the study
camp May 31 – June 15, 2011 at the U.S. Air Force Academy in
_____ Must be willing to participate in the 2011
International Chemistry Olympiad competition held in
This pledge must be:
faxed to (901) 321-4433, or
mailed to Dr. Dennis Merat, Christian Brothers University, 650 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN 38104, or
sent as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com
by March 25, 2011 .