Brother Walter Schreiner, FSC, Ph.D.
Available in PDF format [approx. 1.2 MB]
Available in POSTSCRIPT format [approx. 92 KB]
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, 1973.
- M.A. in Teaching, University of St. Thomas, 1969.
- B.A. in Mathematics, University of St. Thomas, 1968.
- "Matrix Regular Operator Spaces," Journal of Functional Analysis, Vol. 152, No. 1, January 10, 1998.
- "On Matrix Ordered Operator Spaces," Great Plains Operator Theory Symposium, Arizona State University, May, 1996.
Academic Professional Experience:
- 2006 - Present: Faculty Athletics Representative
- 2005 - Present: Associate Professor of Mathematics, Mathematics Department, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
- 2000 - Present: Associate Campus Minister, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
- 2000: Interim Director of Campus Ministry, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1998 - 2005: Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Mathematics Department, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1998 - 2008: Brother-In_Residence in Maurelian Hall
- 1995 - 1998: Assistant Professor and Director of Mathematics Placement; Department of Mathematics/Statistics, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona, Minnesota.
- 1989 - 1994: Teaching Assistant; Department of Mathematics; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 1986 - 1989: Adjunct Professor, Department of Mathematics, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona, Minnesota.
- 1985 - 1989: Vice Principal for Academic Affairs, Calculus teacher, Varsity Baseball Coach, De La Salle High School, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 1970 - 1985: Academic Assistant Principal, Mathematics and Computer Science Teacher, Athletic Director, B Squad and Varsity Soccer Coach, Assistant Baseball Coach, Cretin High School, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- 1968 - 1970: Mathematics Teacher, Assistant Athletic Director, Assistant Baseball Coach, Assistant Basketball Coach, Grace High School, Fridley, Minnesota.
Other Professional Experience:
- 2009: Mathematics/Statistics Consultant for STEM Academy.
- 2003 - 2004: Member of Steering Committee for "Learning for Success," the Memphis and Shelby County Education Summit.
- 1984 - 1988: Member, Archdiocesan Board of Education, Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- 1981 - 1982: President, Minnesota State High School Soccer Coaches Association.
- 1971 - 1985: Chairman, Minnesota Independent School Soccer League.
Grants and Awards:
- Graduate Student Member, Fields Institute for Research in the Mathematical Sciences.
- American Mathematical Society.
- Delta Epsilon Sigma.
- Mathematical Association of America.
- Pi Mu Epsilon.
University and Community Service:
- Curriculum Committee.
- Teacher Education Committee.
- Who's Who Committee
- Policy Committee
- Grade Appeal Committee
- Education Accreditation Steering Committee